Sunday, June 29, 2014

Oh yeah, I'm home!

Well this is a bit overdue, but I'm home!
It's actually been just about a month since I've returned home and I'm finally starting to get into a routine. It was just as much of a shock coming back home as it was leaving, and I actually have felt a little homesick for Florida. Don't ask me what it is about the early mornings, 12 hour days, Florida heat and non-stop labor, but I really did enjoy it. I think it was because I didn't have to try to enjoy it, I mean yes, cleaning multiple stalls at the crack of dawn is not my idea of fun, but spending everyday around beautiful horses, talented riders and in the midst of friends who understood my love of the farm brought me peace.
At the same time, it is so wonderful to be home. I missed my family so much, and I got home just in time for my baby nephew Noah to be born. It feels good to be able to take a weekend and spend time with my family out at my parent's farm, or to drive to Denver to spend a weekend with my big sister. I did miss the freedom I have here at home, but I can feel myself not being as disciplined, which annoys me. Right now I am finally starting to settle into a routine of riding 5 days a week, and I've started taking lessons from a really great local trainer. The boys seem happy to be home, they both have gained a bit of weight since leaving, which they needed and I think the quality of my riding has remained like it was in Florida. I have tried to make myself wake up early most days, because while in Florida I really appreciated how much of the day I got when I woke up at 6:30. To be honest I have compromised slightly, and have been rising around 9:30, but hey it's summer vacation! 
In other news, I have this terrible habit of obsessively tracking the Job Search page on Yard and Groom looking for opportunities. Then I find one and realize that it's too soon to commit to something again. I am already enrolled for the Fall semester and if I take on a different position it would be more long term (and preferably by the ocean!).
That's all for now, I'm taking it day by day, just doing what I know, which is caring for my horses and keeping myself busy one way or another. I will try and update again soon, I want to keep this blog as a sort of training journal, so that I can look back and know how I have ridden in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment