Thursday, January 9, 2014

Week 1

Okay, I thought I'd have a post up by my first day of work. I was wrong...

I started work on Monday and since about Monday evening my entire body has ached in places that haven't ever ached. My day starts at 6:30 am, with feeding, water and stalls. So far we've gotten only about 30 minutes to an hour for lunch as I think they are short staffed in the barn. My horses haven't gotten here yet, so I have been fortunate enough to ride some of the Poulin's horses. I have ridden an older upper level horse. He is one stiff old man, but I got to ride some piaffe, half pass, flying changes and collected canter, so I'm not complaining.
I am SO ready for my boys to get here! I love the experience on other horses but I miss them so much! I'm so happy that they can both come.
Anyway, below are some photos of my weekend with my Grandmother and Step-Grandfather, they are only an hour from De Leon Springs, so we decided to come up two days early and spend some much needed time with them. I'm really glad I'll have some family nearby while I'm here, hopefully it will help cure some of this chronic homesickness I've been experiencing.

I promise, my posts will get more exciting once I have my boys here and I am riding more and have more to talk about other then the feeding schedule for a barn full of horses!

Until then,

Caitlin




Angelo, Mom, Grandma and I



No comments:

Post a Comment